The Trading Standards Service aims to ensure a fair and safe trading environment for residents, businesses and visitors to Islington. If you are a consumer see our consumer advice pages to get help with your query. Consumer advice for residents in Islington Borough | Islington…
Services in advice for life (124)
Refine these results
- Preventive travel medicine service to the business and holiday traveller. Staff will advise and discuss your itinerary and recommend ways to safeguard your health during your trip. The clinic can advise you about anti-malarial drugs, vaccinations, safe eating and drinking. Provides a wide range of…
- Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm on main office number or out of hours on the 0845 number.Support for people who have been victims of crime, either reported or unreported. There are several projects running in Islington including support for young people who have been victims of crime.
- Website of the national agency combatting alcohol use.
- The website of the British Dyslexia Association, offering a comprehensive service to dyslexic young people and their families.
- Help for pregnant teenagers and young parents.
- The Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre is dedicated to eradicating the sexual abuse of children.
- Counselling Directory is a confidential service that encourages those in distress to seek help. The directory contains information on many different types of distress, as well as articles, news, and events.
- Crimestoppers is an independent charity working to fight crime. You can call 0800 555 111 to pass on information about crime anonymously.
- Online access guides to around 1,000 venues in Islington.
- Support to East London's lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities.
- Website of the national organisation that is part of the Mental Health Foundation, which promotes the rights of learning disabled people.
- NHS Choices site: Sex and Young People.
- A website providing information on vocational, employment and training opportunities, student allowance and further and higher education.
- UCAS Progress, formerly known as Choice, is the online course guide which provides 14-19 year olds with information about the courses available to them in schools and colleges across London including City and Islington College and the Islington Consortium.
- We are the national charity giving free and confidential help to victims of crime, witnesses, their family, friends and anyone else affected across England and Wales.
- The website of the national organisation which is a major provider of services for young people with epilepsy.
- Young Pleasance is part of the Pleasance Theatre giving young people the opportunity to rehearse, learn, devise, share skills, and perform as part of a focused and motivated ensemble, recognising that drama is an essential part of learning and growth for young people on an…
- The Work Related Assertiveness Project (WRAP) is delivered by the mental health charity Jobs in Mind. WRAP provides employment support for young people aged 16-25 not in work and experiencing stress, anxiety and depression. Young people gain access to one-to-one support into training, volunteering and…
- After-school from 3.45pm, weekends and summer holidays; Pre-school drama classes on Monday; Phone for detailsYoung Actors Theatre, Islington offers drama classes and productions for ages 18 months to adult. Classes run after school, evenings and weekends all year and there are summer schools and half-term workshops. Pre-school classes run on Monday morning.