Each school in Islington has a named school nurse who is based at a local health centre and visits the school on a regular basis. School nurses and their teams carry out health assessments and immunisations at targeted ages. Health promotion is a main part…
Services in health (55)
Refine these results
- Open 24/7 all year roundSimmons House Adolescent Unit is a special psychiatric service for young people between 13 and 18 years of age. It provides a rapid response consultation for day and in-patient admission to a therapeutic unit. Initial enquiries by any professional are welcome
- The Islington Social Communication Team (SCT) offers a high quality assessment and intervention service to Islington children with social and communication needs, under 5 years of age.The team specialises in assessing children's play, learning, behaviour, sensory processing, language and social communication skills, including autism. We…
- Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm.COVID-19: Following current NHS and Government guidelines, we are not able to offer any face to face appointments at the moment. We are in the process of contacting families on our caseloads whose appointments have had to be cancelled and we are carrying out initial…
- There is an accident and emergency department at this NHS Trust Foundation hospital on Euston Road.
- A website giving information about deafblindness and related issues.
- A website for information about the British Deaf Association, British Sign Language and the deaf community.
- Website of the organisation for dual sensory impaired people.
- Website of the charity dedicated to improving the quality of life for deaf people.
- A national organisaton that aims to enable blind and partially sighted children to achieve educational and recreational goals.
- The website of an organisation consisting of carers, parents and families. Their aim is to help deaf children enhance their skills and abilities.
- Advice, support and services for deaf children and adults, including interpretation services.
- Sense provides a wide range of services deaf-blind children and also adults. Services include a counselling service for young people and further education.
- Monday to Friday 9:00 - 17:00The Wheelchair Service aims to increase the independence of wheelchair users in Camden and Islington by providing wheelchairs which meet their needs. The Service offers: specialist wheelchair assessments postural assessments provision of wheelchairs, cushions and postural support. All children and young people are offered an…
- The Whittington Hospital is located between Archway and Highgate. There is an Accident and Emergency department located in the hospital. The hospital's main entrance is on Magdala Avenue. Emergency department and labour ward access is on Highgate Hill.