BlindAid (formerly known Metropolitan Society for the Blind) is a registered charity helping visually impaired people in London. Our visiting service provides blind and partially sighted people with friendly, social contact in the comfort of their own homes.As well as providing company and conversation our visitors…
Services in hearing and visual impairment (16)
Refine these results
- The Children’s Tier 2 Audiology Service is provided to all children and young people in Islington between the ages of 6 months and 19 years, if still in education and has developmental problems or a disability where there are concerns about hearing problems requiring audiological…
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pmThe Service provides free, legally based, impartial, confidential and accessible information, advice and support on all matters relating to special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). We offer: Information and advice, either face to face, by telephone or electronically Help with preparing for meetings with schools,…
- Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the world's leading centres for eye health. Our main focus is the treatment and care of NHS patients with a wide range of eye problems from common complaints to rare conditions which need treatments not available…
- The Camden and Islington arm of the Whittington Health Newborn Hearing Screening Team offer hearing screening to all babies born in the Whittington, Royal Free and the UCLH. Our aim is to screen all babies before they leave hospital. Home births and any baby missed as an…
- After-school and holidaysTuesday 25 to Friday 28 October 2022Halloween Programme 25 to 28 October. Lots of fun activities for 6 to 11s and 11 to 16s.
- After-school and holidaysTuesday 4-6.30pmYouth Club accessible for young, Deaf people aged 11-19. It is a great place to catch up with friends and play games with people of a similar age. We have limited spaces due to adhering to Government Guidelines, so if you are interested, please book…
- The Royal National institute for Blind People (RNIB) provides information, advice and support to blind people.
- A website giving information about deafblindness and related issues.
- A website for information about the British Deaf Association, British Sign Language and the deaf community.
- Website of the organisation for dual sensory impaired people.
- Website of the charity dedicated to improving the quality of life for deaf people.
- A national organisaton that aims to enable blind and partially sighted children to achieve educational and recreational goals.
- The website of an organisation consisting of carers, parents and families. Their aim is to help deaf children enhance their skills and abilities.
- Advice, support and services for deaf children and adults, including interpretation services.
- Sense provides a wide range of services deaf-blind children and also adults. Services include a counselling service for young people and further education.