Skip to main content

Search results (27)

Filter results

Offering services to ages:
  • (13)
  • (25)
  • (27)
  • (27)
  • (3)
  • (2)
  • (1)
  • (1)
  • (1)
  • (1)
  • (1)
  • (1)
  • (1)
  • (1)
  • (1)
  • (1)
  • (1)
Service has Local Offer:
  • (1)

Action for Blind People

Action for Blind People is a national charity with local reach, providing practical help and support to blind and partially sighted people of all ages.We offer visually impaired people a number of services, including support  with finding a job, applying for benefits, housing issues, aids and…

British Deaf Association

The British Deaf Association is the largest Deaf-led organisation in the UK. We represent the British Sign Language community, which is united by shared experiences, history and, most importantly, by language. We celebrate Deaf Culture, Deaf Identity and British Sign Language.

British Tinnitus Association

The British Tinnitus Association strives to be the primary source of support and information for people with tinnitus and their carers in the UK and to advocate on their behalf.We aim to encourage prevention through our educational programme and to seek effective management of tinnitus…

Deafblind Helpline

Deafblind UK is a national charity offering specialist services and human support to deafblind people and those who have progressive sight and hearing loss acquired throughout their lives. Offers a befriender service. Information and Advice Line: 0800 132 320

Disabled Employment Advisors (DEAs) Localo Offer Flash

If you need extra employment support because of a disability or health condition, your local Jobcentre can put you in touch with a Disability Employment Adviser (DEA). DEAs can also work with people in employment who may need support to keep their jobs.  DEAs should…


A Deaf-led social enterprise offering professional Deaf and Sign Language services. Teach a range of British Sign Language and International Sign Language courses.

Free postage on items for the blind

The Royal Mail Articles for the Blind scheme is a free, first class or Airmail service for people sending items specifically designed for blind and visually impaired people. This enables them to send certain items within the UK and overseas free of charge. Available to…


Goalball is an indoor sport played in a gymnasium or hall. It originated in Europe and is the only international team sport for the Vision Impaired played at the Paralympics. Originally it was created to allow people who are blind or vision impaired to take…

Low Vision Centre

This service is FREE.The Optometrist and Rehabilitation Officer, working together, assesses your visual needs and current level of vision.A Rehabilitation Officer will ask you how you are managing with your sight loss and will help you identify your main difficulties.The Optometrist will thoroughly assess your…

Moorfields Eye Hospital

Moorfields is one of the world’s leading eye hospitals, providing expertise in clinical care, research and teaching and education. Our main focus is the treatment and care of NHS patients with a wide range of eye problems, from common complaints to rare conditions, which require treatments…

NHS Choices

The online 'front door' to the NHS. It is the country's biggest health website and gives all the information you need to make choices about your health.

Ocado Online Shopping

Ocado Online Shopping. One hour delivery slots. Drivers take groceries to kitchen area. Online shopping only, will not take telephone orders. Website is well adapted for people who are visually impaired.

The Outside Clinic - Home Visiting Opticians

Full eye examinations and comprehensive eye-health checks are carried out by our fully qualified optometrists, who are trained in dealing with elderly or vulnerable people. All our optometrists are qualified and registered.We are also registered contractors to every Primary Care Trust in the country.

Reduction in TV license for blind/severely sight impaired

You can get a 50% reduction on the TV Licence fee if you’re blind/severely sight impaired. Your licence will also cover anyone who lives with you. You need a TV Licence if you wish to watch or record television programmes as they're being shown on…

Registering Sensory Loss

Registering as blind or partially sightedVisit your GP or optician if you’re having problems with your sight. They can refer you to a consultant ophthalmologist (eye specialist) who will be able to assess whether you qualify to register as sight impaired (partially sighted) or severely sight…

Remark! Living

Remark is a deaf led organisation. All Remark Living Support Workers are all very experienced and receive regular training and support. Every client referred to us is assessed and matched with our most suitable Support Worker, depending on their specific needs.Additionally, we offer a child…

Royal Association for Deaf people (RAD)

RAD's services mainly cover London, the East and South East. RAD promotes equality for Deaf people through the provision of accessible services including:* Interpreting* Advice for Deaf people looking for work and employers of Deaf people* Support for Deaf people who are old or have…

Sensory Team

The Sensory Team provides suppport services to people who are:blind and partially sighted, deaf and hard of hearing, deaf-blind or have a dual sensory loss. The Team provides specialist assessments relating to sensory impairments which may identify rehabilitation, equipment and/or support needs.The Team includes a Manager,…

Sign Health

SignHealth wants to see a world where deaf people are as healthy as hearing people. Deaf people can find it hard to get equal access to health care and health information. Because of this, deaf people are more likely to become ill.SignHealth has been working…

Sign Language Interpreting Service

The Sign Language Interpreting Service has a team of in-house interpreters and provides services to Islington Council, Whittington Health and some other local service providers.Interpreters work from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. If you need an interpreter outside of these hours, advance notice will be required…