Skip to main content

Search results (119)


    Filter results

    Offering services to ages:
    • (13)
    • (18)
    • (25)
    • (30)
    • (38)
    • (35)
    • (56)
    • (16)
    • (6)
    • (6)
    • (3)
    • (2)
    • (2)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    Childcare funding:
    • (1)
    Service has Local Offer:
    • (2)

    Food Safety

    The Commercial Environmental Health Service works with businesses to ensure that all food and drink produced, stored or sold in Islington is safe to eat. It does this by: carrying out regular inspections of food businesses at a frequency determined by risk promoting good standards…

    Forced Marriage Unit

    This is a joint initiative between the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and the Home Office. Their trained professionals offer confidential advice and assistance to those who have been forced into marriage, people worried about friends or relatives, professionals working with actual or potential victims of…

    Freedom Passes Localo Offer Flash

    A Freedom Pass is provided by your local borough council to give older and disabled Londoners free travel on almost all public transport in London. Please see website link below for more details. Please note that you will need to provide proof of ID that…

    Gadget workshops at 222 Upper St.

    Need help getting online? Attend our free weekly gadget workshops every Wednesday, 2 - 4pm at Islington Customer Centre 222 Upper St., N1 1XR Friendly Islington Council staff and volunteers will be on hand to offer you tailored and practical support on: Carrying out council…


    Graffiti is expensive to remove. Every year the Council spends thousands of pounds of taxpayers’ money removing it. But research shows that the quicker it is removed the less likely it is to reappear. And you can help us, by reporting it. All abusive and racist graffiti…

    Green Party - Islington Branch

    Islington Green Party holds monthly meetings for members, guests and anyone who wants to hear more about us. They are held on the Third Wednesday of every month. Please contact to confirm venue.


    The Parks Team is part of the Public Realm Division of Islington Council and looks after parks and open spaces. It carries out a number of roles:  the day to day operational management of our parks, green spaces and nature reserves putting on and facilitating…

    Highgate Mental Health Centre

    The Highgate Mental Health Centre is part of the Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust. The hospital has a number of acute inpatient wards plus a crisis resolution team and mental health services for older people. For further details of services provided please visit the…

    Home Care

    Islington Council’s Home Care Complex Needs Service is for people who live in Islington and have assessed complex needs.  The Service helps vulnerable service users remain independent in their own homes for as long as possible, thereby reducing the need for admission into hospital and/or…

    Home Library Service

    If you are housebound or have difficulty getting to a library you can use the Home Library Service. The service is free, and will visit you in your own home. Items available are books, Large Print, talking books, DVDs, music on CD, and items in…

    Household Reuse Recycling Centre HRRC

    On 1st April 2012, the management of the HRRC was transferred from Islington Council to North London Waste Authority (NLWA). The HRRC will continue to operate in exactly the same way as it has done whilst managed by Islington Council and it will be ‘business…

    Housing Benefit Appeals

    If you would like to appeal against the decision about your housing benefit you must write to the Benefits Service within one month of the date of the decision letter. You can: complete the online form visit us at one of our Area Housing Offices write…

    Housing Benefits and Council Tax Support

    If you have a low income, you may be eligible for help to pay your rent and council tax. You do not need to be out of work or receiving income support to get help. For information about these benefits and how to apply, see the links on…

    iCope: Islington Psychological Therapies and Wellbeing Service

    iCope offer psychological therapies to adults aged 18+ who are experiencing depression and anxiety disorders including low mood, stress, worry, panic attacks and insomnia. iCope offers a range of psychological interventions including one-to-one therapy, online therapy programmes, groups including the Feeling Good Group and Sleep…

    Islington and London City Register Office

    The Register Office registers births, deaths, marriages, and civil partnerships for Islington and the City of London. For details and to make an appointment see website.

    Islington Central Medical Centre

    Islington Central Medical Centre (previously St Paul’s Road Medical Centre) is a brand new purpose-built medical practice opened in Sept 2008.  We are one of the oldest and now largest practice in Islington.  We care and treat over 15,000 patients. We welcome all new patients…

    Islington Computer Skills Centre

    Islington Computer Skills Centre is part of Islington Libraries Learning Hub and provides free computer training to Islington residents. All classes are taught by qualified tutors in a relaxed and friendly environment. Each student has sole use of a computer and class sizes are kept…

    Islington Council Income Maximisation Team (IMAX) Localo Offer Flash

    Who do we help?All Islington residents and some non-residents such as friends and family that provide support to disabled Islington residents. How can we help?- We will check your benefits to make sure you are getting the correct money- Support you to make benefit and tax…

    Islington Direct Payments Team

    Direct Payments are monetary payments made by councils directly to individuals eligible for community care services. Direct Payments comprise one way in which an individual can choose to receive their personal budget to meet their assessed needs instead of getting services managed by Social Services.…