The Islington SEND Parents Charter has been developed by our Parents Forum in co-production with colleagues from Education, Health and Social Care.
It outlines the 10 most important principles that Islington parents believe all providers (including schools, voluntary sector etc.) should follow in order to offer the best possible support when working with Islington children and young people with SEND.
- Everyone understands SEND
- Be ambitious and have high expectations
- Develop independence
- Have a ‘can do’ approach
- Work in partnership with parents
- Ways of working with parents
- Young people’s involvement
- Integrated approaches
- Strong leadership of SEND
- Be an inclusive school
We are asking all Islington schools to show their commitment to getting the best for our children and young people with SEND by signing up to the Islington SEND Parents Charter.
Upon sign up schools and partners will receive:
• A certificate of commitment to the SEND Parents Charter
• Use of the Islington SEND Parents Chartermark
• A copy of the SEND Parents Charter to display in school