Islington Drug and Alcohol Service for Young People offers free, confidential advice and support at T: 020 7527 5099 or at Pulse T: 020 7527 1300.
Islington Drug and Alcohol Helpline T: 0808 800 0019 is open 24 hours, seven days a week and can help you or someone you care about.
There are other confidential advice lines such as
- Drinkline, a national advice line for people with alcohol problems and their families and friends T: 0300 123 1110
- Al-Anon also supports young people affected by a problem drinker T: 0800 0086 811.
The NHS Choices website has information on the risks of drinking too much and an online 'drinking' self-assessment questionnaire to help you check how much you are drinking.
Or check out these other websites with information on drinking, and help for children and families affected by a problem drinker.
- Drink Aware facts and advice on the effects of drinking too much
- The Mix advice, information and support on sex and relationships, drink and drugs, health, wellbeing and fitness
- NACOA (National Association for Children of Alcoholics) help and support
- Al-Anon also supports teenage relatives and friends of alcoholics
- Rehab 4 Addiction is a free drug and alcohol addiction helpline