Drinking too much? Need advice?
Islington Drug and Alcohol Service for Young People offers free, confidential advice and support at T: 020 7527 5099
Islington Drug and Alcohol Helpline T: 0808 800 0019 is open 24 hours, seven days a week and can help you or someone you care about.
There are other confidential advice lines such as
- Drinkline, a national advice line for people with alcohol problems and their families and friends T: 0300 123 1110, open weekdays 9am to 8pm, weekends 11am to 4pm.
- Al-Anon also supports young people affected by a problem drinker T: 0800 917 7650.
The NHS Choices website has information on the risks of drinking too much.
Or check out these other websites with information on drinking, and help for children and families affected by a problem drinker.
- Drink Aware facts and advice on the effects of drinking too much
- The Mix advice, information and support on sex and relationships, drink and drugs, health, wellbeing and fitness
- NACOA (National Association for Children of Alcoholics) help and support
- Al-Anon also supports teenage relatives and friends of alcoholics
- Rehab 4 Addiction is a free drug and alcohol addiction helpline
Think your drinking is putting you at risk? Take a quick check. Go to https://drinkcoach.org.uk. It looks at your drinking levels and gives you free advice based on your risk, as well as details of local support services that can help if you need it.