Most employees have a right to receive a payslip or pay statement at, or before the time of payment.
Your payslip will include:
- the name of the company you work for
- your name
- your pay reference number
- payment date – when the money will be given to you or paid into your account
- gross pay - the amount you earn before money is taken off for tax or National Insurance
- deductions - the money taken off your wage such as tax. Deductions are made if you earn over a certain level; the amount changes each year. Go to Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs to see the latest tax allowances - the amount you can earn before you pay tax
- net pay - the amount you take home.