In full-time study and training after Year 11

If you attend a school or college after age 16 or take a Foundation Learning course with a training provider ...

... your family may be able to claim:

Learner bursaries are aimed at students most in need. The scheme guarantees £1,200 a year to students who are most in need such as care leavers or disabled young people who claim Universal Credit, Employment Support Allowance (ESA) and Disabled Living Allowance (DLA) or those on Income Support.

Other students facing genuine financial difficulties can apply to their college or school but they will decide who can receive it and how much they will receive.

Ask your school or college for further details and an application form. If you are struggling ask your school or college if they have any other funds.

Related articles