SEND Outreach Services
- SEND Outreach Services are commissioned on behalf of Islington’s mainstream schools to an agreed service specification. Their role is to improved outcomes for all children and young people with SEND by helping schools to increase their capacity to meet a wider range of needs.
- The Services work with mainstream schools / school-based early years providers to promote inclusive whole school practice, and the planning and development of their provision, making the most efficient use of resources.
What areas of need do the Outreach Services Specialise in?
Richard Cloudesley School - Outreach for children with physical disabilities, plus disability awareness / risk assessment and Outreach for children with sensory needs (hearing, vision and multi-sensory need i.e. deaf/blind)
How do the Services Work with our Schools?
- Each year, each service delivers a ‘core offer’ aimed at reflecting emerging national / local SEND priorities. The core offer includes a focus on workforce development through the provision of programme of activities / events open free of charge to all Islington schools.
- The services also provide bespoke whole-school packages to schools in greatest need; request are prioritised according to need and any support previously accessed. Interventions are time-limited to ensure equity.
Other Supports Available
Other supports available to all Islington schools, supported by the Outreach Services include:
- Islington SENCO Network - meets half termly
- SENCO and Inclusion Managers - Annual Conference
- Early years to Primary / Primary to Secondary Annual Transition Conference - provides an opportunity for cross-phase transition planning