Disagreement Resolution

Any disagreement regarding special educational needs assessment or provision should try to be resolved through disagreement resolution.

This could be between parents/young people with schools, colleges or the Local Authority. The Local Authority must make disagreement resolution services available to parents and young people.

Disagreement Resolution is currently provided in Islington through Global Mediation.

Parents and young people can of course also use the existing complaints procedures.

See the Department for Education’s guide to SEND Complaints for Young People in Education - When people can't agree.

Related articles