Difficult relationship? Need advice?

Need help with difficult relationships with family or friends?

Or are you finding it hard to cope and need to talk to someone?

If you want to talk to someone outside the family about something that is worrying you, you can ring Childline T: 0800 1111. They offer confidential advice and support for young people and are open 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Other helplines providing confidential advice and support:

  • Samaritans T: 116 123, you can also get in touch by email and online chat
  • Muslim Youth Helpline T: 0808 808 2008 available 7 days a week (4pm-10pm), live chat and email also available online.   

There's useful information and advice on the internet too.

For family problems see The Mix.

For information on how to cope with stress, anxiety, depression or other common mental health problems, see Young Minds and The Mix.

If you, or someone you know, are being forced to marry, you should contact the Forced Marriage Unit  T: 020 7008 0151 or email fmu@fcdo.gov.uk. There is more information on:

  • GOV.UK - what to do if you or someone you know is being forced into getting married - here or abroad. Find out how to stop the marriage from taking place. You can also get advice about what to do if you've already been forced into a marriage and want to end the marriage.

If you need more help, there are local services in Islington that can provide support and counselling for young people. Take a look at the Related services on this page for more details.

Related articles