Money to help full-time students
Check out the range of help below
- Family benefits – make sure your family is aware of all the benefits they can claim such as Child Benefit and Child Tax Credit or Universal Credit or call these helplines:
- Child Benefit - 0300 200 3100/textphone 0300 200 3103
- Child Tax Credits - 0345 300 3900/textphone 0345 300 3909
Please note: Child Tax Credit is being replaced by Universal Credit
- 16-19 bursary funds offer up to £1,200 a year to students who are most in need, such as care leavers or disabled young people who claim Employment Support Allowance (ESA) or Disabled Living Allowance (DLA) or Universal Credit or Personal Indepence Payment (PIP)
Please note: Employment Support Allowance and Income Support are being replaced by Universal Credit and Disability Living Allowance is being replaced by Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- The Islingon Y12 Bursary - eligible students will receive a maximum of £300 in addition to any other bursaries they are claiming. Ask in college or school if you think you may be eligible for this additional funding.
- Other students facing genuine financial difficulties should apply to their college or school for a Discretionary award. Your school or college decides who can get help and how to apply.
- Care to learn helps young parents with the cost of childcare.
- Residential Bursaries for Specialist Courses and the Residential Support Scheme (RSS) can help with the cost of accommodation if the course you want is beyond daily travel.
- Advanced Learner Loans are available to students aged 19 or over who are studying a level 3,4,5 or 6 qualification. For a list of eligible courses see the Advanced Learner Loan link under External links.
- Dance and Drama Awards (DaDA) helps the most talented students who want to attend a course at one of 17 private schools. The award is assessed on your household income, where you live and study.
You can call the Student Bursary Support Service ...
... on 0800 121 8989, between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday for advice about Care to Learn or RSS funding.
Travel concessions - Save money with Zip 16+ Oyster cards for students.
Discretionary Learner Support for students 19 and over