Holidays and Trips

Tourism for All (TFA) have a website with travel advice, transport information and is a useful directory that lists places to visit, accommodation to stay in and much more.

Open Britain is a directory of accessible accommodation and travel in the UK. It’s available online on the Open Britain website or you can order it in book form.

Disability Now Magazine has a travel section with lots of holiday information.

Contact a Family published a booklet called Holidays, Play and Leisure. It lists organisations that provide holidays and holiday accommodation for families with disabled children.

Funds for holidays or subsidised holidays are available form:

  • The 3H Fund - runs subsidised group holidays for physically disabled children and provides grants for holidays in the UK when funds are available.
  • The Family Fund can provide grants towards family holidays
  • Happy Days funds and organises holidays and days out for families with children with special needs aged 3-17.
  • The Family Holiday Association is another charitable organisation that can help fund breaks for disadvantaged families.

Let us know if you have additional information or tips you think would help others.

Related articles