Homeless, or thinking of leaving home?
If you are thinking of leaving home and want to talk to someone about it ...
... you can contact Childline, a free confidential helpline for young people T: 0800 1111.
If there are problems at home and you have moved out and are homeless, there are local organisations that can help, such as:
- Islington Housing Aid Centre T: 020 7527 2000
- New Horizon Youth Homelessness Project - if you are 16 or 17 years old they can help you figure out how to get the specialist support you need
- DEPAUL UK - get help in London T: 020 7278 4224
- Albert Kennedy Trust - offers housing advice and support for anyone aged 16-25 in the UK who identify as LGBTQ+ and who are experiencing homelessness or living in a hostile or abusive environment. Live chat is available online.
You can also find information and advice from
- Shelter: T: 0808 800 4444 for advice on finding somewhere to stay.
- Centrepoint: can help with finding somewhere to stay, helpline 0808 800 0661.
- Homeless UK: website with information and contact details for hostels, daycentres and support services.
Runaway Helpline offers confidential support if you are thinking about running away from home, if you have already run away, or if you have been away and come back. Call or text the Runaway Helpline for free on 116 000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org They will help you find you a safe place to go and won’t tell anyone that you have called unless you want them to. You can also leave a message to be passed on to your family or carer but they will not tell them where you are unless you want them to.
For further information, look at the related services and external links section on this page.