If you are thinking of leaving home and want to talk to someone about it, you can contact Childline a free confidential helpline for young people T: 0800 1111.
If there are problems at home and you have moved out and are homeless, there are local organisations that can help, such as:
- Islington Housing Aid Centre T: 020 7527 2000
- New Horizon Youth Homelessness Project T: 020 7388 5560 E: email@example.com. Offers advice and support with finding accommodation and help with education, training and employment.
- Alone in London T: 020 7278 4224
- Albert Kennedy Trust T: 020 7831 6562. Offers support with housing and information and advice to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender young people aged under 25 years, who are homeless or in crisis.
You can also find information and advice from
- Shelter: T: 0808 800 4444 for advice on finding somewhere to stay.
- Centrepoint: can help with finding somewhere to stay, helpline 0808 8000661.
- Homeless UK: website with information and contact details for hostels, daycentres and support services.
If you have run away from home, you can contact the Runaway Helpline ring or text: 116000 E: firstname.lastname@example.org: offers a free confidential helpline for anyone aged 18 or under, who has run away or been forced to leave home or care. They will help to find you a safe place to go and won’t tell anyone that you have called unless you want them to. (You can text even if you have no credit on your mobile.)
You can also leave a message to be passed on to your family or carer but they will not tell them where you are unless you want them to.
For further information, look at related links.