Homeless, or thinking of leaving home?
If you are thinking of leaving home and want to talk to someone about it ...
... you can contact Childline a free confidential helpline for young people T: 0800 1111.
If there are problems at home and you have moved out and are homeless, there are local organisations that can help, such as:
- Islington Housing Aid Centre T: 020 7527 2000
- New Horizon Youth Homelessness Project T: 020 7388 5560. Offers advice and support with finding accommodation and help with education, training and employment, and health and wellbeing
- DEPAUL UK - get help in London T: 020 7278 4224
- Albert Kennedy Trust T: 020 7831 6562. Offers support with housing and information and advice to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender young people aged 16-25 years, who are homeless or in crisis. Live chat is also available online.
You can also find information and advice from
- Shelter: T: 0808 800 4444 for advice on finding somewhere to stay.
- Centrepoint: can help with finding somewhere to stay, helpline 0808 8000661.
- Homeless UK: website with information and contact details for hostels, daycentres and support services.
Runaway Helpline offers confidential support if you are thinking about running away from home, if you have already run away, or if you have been away and come back. Call or text the Runaway Helpline for free on 116000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. 1-2-1 chat is also available every day between 2.30pm-9.00pm. They will help to find you a safe place to go and won’t tell anyone that you have called unless you want them to.
You can also leave a message to be passed on to your family or carer but they will not tell them where you are unless you want them to.
For further information, look at the related services and external links section on this page.