Emotional abuse can mean making a fool of you in front of other people.
They could be
- calling you names
- making fun of your opinions
- insulting your family/background/religion
- ignoring you when you're speaking
- refusing to speak to you at all
- making silly or rude noises whenever you're around.
It's a way of trying to make you look small. If it happens often, this can affect your confidence and stop you believing in yourself. Sometimes other people may not notice what is happening, making you feel alone and scared. Emotional abuse is still abuse so don’t be afraid to ask for help.
See Related Services and External links for more information.