Short Breaks for children with severe and complex needs
The Council funds a range of clubs, activities and services that provide short breaks for severe and complex disabilities. These are sometimes called Targeted Short Breaks.
They are only open to people who have been assessed as needing them. This is explained in the Islington Short Breaks Statement. Attendance at these activities is coordinated by the Short Breaks Service.
Families that are eligible for these targeted clubs, activities and 1:1 services are sent information at least once per year and asked to get in touch with Short Breaks Service to plan their use of these activities and services across the year.
Targeted Short Breaks Clubs and Schemes that we commission are:
- Action for Children (ages 2 to 18): holidays, Saturdays, after school club.
- Centre 404 (ages 8 to 18): holidays and after school club.
- Hayward Adventure Playground (ages 6 to 18): holidays, Saturdays, Sundays, after school club, youth club.
- Palace for All (ages 2 to 12): holidays and after school club.
- Bridge ILS (ages 11-18): holidays and after school club.
1:1 outreach support through the Short Breaks Service from one of the agencies we work with: Action For Children, Bridge London Trust, Centre 404, Wilcob Care, Integrity Care and Support, Special People.
Watch a short film on Haywards Adventure Playground
Take a look at the play centre at Haywards Adventure Playground.