Our vision is that every child and young person with SEND in Islington to have the opportunity to:
- Be happy, healthy, safe and confident about their future
- Become successful, resilient adults who achieve their aspirations in all aspects of their lives
- Live fulfilling lives in their communities.
Three key aims have been identified by parents of children with SEND:
- ‘Do nothing about us without us’: (Access and empowerment)
- ‘Right support for the right children in the right place’: (Responsiveness and timely support)
- ‘A better informed workforce’: (Improving service quality and capacity).
Agreed objectives to ensure all children with SEND are identified and their needs are effectively met:
- Ensure all schools and education settings offer good or outstanding provision for children with SEND (Universal provision)
- Strengthen our approach to integrated working, prevention and early help (Early Help)
- Improve partnership working and joint commissioning (Joint Commissioning)
- Ensure children with SEND follow a planned progression pathway to adulthood (Progression to Adulthood)
- Improve assessment and planning for children with SEND (Person-centred planning)
- Assist families to know what choices are available to them locally and what they are entitled to (Local Offer)
- Ensure the continuum of provision continues to meet the continuum of need (Targeted and Specialist Provision)
- Ensure funding is apportioned appropriately so as to match need and support seamless provision 0-25 (Funding).