Unemployed after Year 11

Jobseeker's Allowance is only usually paid to people over the age of 18 who are ...

... unemployed, not in education and looking for work.

Jobseeker’s Allowance is unlikely to be paid if you are under 18 unless there are unusual or special reasons for example if you cannot live with your family and there is a complete breakdown in the relationship between you and your parents.

If you are estranged from your family and living independently you may also be able to apply for Housing Benefit.

This money is to help you to pay your rent.

Related articles