Your teachers and advisers in school can help
Some schools and colleges have careers information and access to online careers websites. See also Planning your future.
You can also contact:
- the Progress Team is a good place to start. You can meet an adviser at centres across Islington for further advice (see Related services and Downloads on this page).
- The National Careers Service helpline call 0800 100 900
For further information on jobs, training, apprenticeships and career choices please visit the Progress team page or see the Related services section.
The Islington Progress Pledge
Developed with the help of young people, the Progress Pledge sets out the support you can expect to help you find employment, education or training:
- Careers guidance with our qualified advisers
- Job coaching
- Mock interviews
- Support in English and maths up to Level 2
- One-to-one support into education, a traineeship or apprenticeship, or employment
- Up to 100 hours of work experience or volunteering
- Help to access other support services