Housing Repairs

If you need repairs to your home this web page gives information about who to contact to arrange repairs.

Council tenants
You can find out how to report repairs on our webpages. There are different ways to report a repair depending on who manages your property.

If you are deaf and need to report an emergency repair that must be done quickly because there is a high risk to health and safety (heating not working, water pipe broken, gas leak, electric power off etc.) you can email a specialist team. Email: deafemergencyrepairs@islington Mobile: 07537400402 Fax: 020 7527 2606.

Private tenants
If you are privately renting you should contact your landlord directly to report any problems with your accommodation or repairs required. If your landlord does not carry out the repairs then you can speak to Residential Environmental Health on 0207 527 3000 (option 2) or Residential.Envh@islington.gov.uk

Home Owners
If you own your own property you are responsible for any repairs that may be needed. If you would like help to find a reputable tradesman you can contact Trustmark which is a government endorsed website giving names of local trades people who have been independently checked and have received the Trustmark quality mark. You can call them on 01344 630 804.

Help with housing repairs for older and disabled people
There is a handyperson service which can help with minor works and repairs for older and disabled people. They can also fit rails and provide small aids and equipment including telecare. You can contact them on 0845 4500 410.

Related articles