Land that job!
It may take time to find – and land – the job for you, whether you are 16, 18 or older, looking for a job can be a job in itself.
It is important to keep trying, keep motivated, stay focused, organised, determined and confident.
Finding, getting and keeping a job that suits you may not be straightforward, so take advantage of help to:
- find vacancies
- write a CV
- complete an application form
- write a covering letter
- make online applications
- prepare for interviews.
Use the course finder tool in Planning your future to help you. You can also see an adviser from the Progress Team, who can tell you about finding jobs and apprenticeship vacancies and put you in touch with work-based training providers. See also Related services section for further information.
The Islington Progress Pledge
Developed with the help of young people, the Progress Pledge sets out the support you can expect to help you find employment, education or training:
- careers guidance with our qualified advisers
- job coaching
- mock interviews
- support in English and maths up to Level 2
- one-to-one support into education, a traineeship or apprenticeship, or employment
- up to 100 hours of work experience or volunteering
- help to access other support services