Finding, getting and keeping a job that suits you may not be straightforward. It may well take some time to find, and land, the right job.
Do you know where to look for job vacancies? Do you need help to improve your CV or prepare for an interview? You can start by looking at the Bulletins in the News Feed section of the homepage and look at our page on finding vacancies.
Take a look at what's happening in the job market.
It is a big step moving from school or college into work. You are bound to feel a bit strange at first. Our advice aims to help you settle in.
If it is your first job, you will need to know about your responsibilities and rights as an employee. For example, do you know what should be in a contract of employment or what the National Minimum Wage rate is?
The information and advice in this section can help you find a job or apprenticeship and settle in confidently.
There is help and advice available at Platform and Lift, including Progress Team Services for young people. For further information view the downloads, services and links.
The Islington Progress Pledge
Developed with the help of young people, the Progress Pledge sets out the support you can expect to help you find employment, education or training:
- careers guidance with our qualified advisers
- job coaching
- mock interviews
- support in English and maths up to Level 2
- one-to-one support into education, a traineeship or apprenticeship, or employment
- up to 100 hours of work experience or volunteering
- help to access other support services
For further advice contact:
- the Progress Team is a good place to start. You can meet an adviser at centres across Islington, look at the Related services and Downloads section on this page for further advice.
- The National Careers Service helpline call 0800 100 900
For more information on jobs, training, apprenticeships and career choices please visit the Progress team page or look at the Related services section.
The Progress Team