SHINE makes sure that you get all the help you need to stay warm, increase income and stay healthy in your home. SHINE gives practical advice and refers to schemes that reduce the risks associated with hot or cold weather.
SHINE provides a single point of access to a large range of services including:
- Advice on reducing gas and electricity bills
- Energy efficiency grants and home visits
- Help with gas and electricity debt
- Checks to make sure your getting all your benefits
- Help if you fall over
- Checks if your home is dangerous to your health
- Fire safety checks
- Home security checks
- Home from Hospital Service
- Air quality alerts
- Handyperson Service
and many more. Contact the Energy Advice Team to see if your eligible for some or all of our schemes.
The Shine team can also help residents access funding from the Save the Children Eat, Sleep, Learn, Play grant which supports children and families living in need. The grant can provide families with household essentials such as a child's bed, cooker or educational books and toys.