We offer a clinical waste collection service for residents and registered charitable organisations who require one. We supply yellow clinical waste sacks or sharps containers (boxes used for needles), which when full, can be collected by arrangement.
Clinical waste is officially divided into five categories;
- Category A which are soiled surgical dressings, swabs and other similar soiled waste.
- Category B which are discarded syringe needles, broken glass and any other contaminated disposable sharp instruments or items.
- Category C which are microbiological cultures and potentially infected waste from pathology Departments or other clinical/research laboratories.
- Category D which are drugs or other pharmaceutical products.
- Category E which includes items used to dispose of urine, faeces and other bodily secretions or excretions